As some of you may already know, there is an epidemic of poor styling and grooming among Asian men [especially the East Asian variety]. This self inflicted problem is a major factor in the dating disparity that Asian men suffer when they live in western nations. I wrote about this problem a while back along with solutions.
It’s a tough pill to swallow for guys. Luckily for them, Natalie Ng and someone named Shadowsweep? wrote about this subject in greater detail and with more eloquence than I could. She explores more of the history of Asian masculinity and dispels some of the western myths surrounding it. She later gives the “why” Asian men should distance themselves from that style and towards something more conducive for success.
Wolf Warriors 2 is a Chinese action film starring martial arts star, Wu Jing. The film hearkens back to a simpler time: the 80’s, when villains were simple-minded and plots didn’t contort your mind into a pretzel like Nolan’s Inception.
It was also an era when action relied more on skill instead of green screen gimmicks.
Aside from being enjoyable, the film may be a watershed moment for Chinese soft power and escaping the yoke of western cultural imperialism [also known as white worship and Asian self hate].
Unlike the steaming pile of sycophantic Chinese joint venture films of the past decade, Wolf Warrior reverses the formula that Hollywood swears up and down is “what the people want”. According to Hollywood, “the people want” to see a white guy save hapless Asians and get the Asian girl with a backdrop of emasculated and forgettable Chinese coolies. BTW, that is a
● the “white savior” is replaced with attractive and charismatic elite Chinese PLA [People’s Liberation Army] soldier. He saves the day.
● The Asian damsel in distress is replaced by some white passing hapa girl named Celina Jade. I’ll return to this in a later piece.
● Africans are humanized
This film is one of the top performing films in Chinese cinematic history. The implications are enormous.
● Investors will wish to replicate the success here. Expect more films following the same formula: an Asian, not white, hero.
● A likely shift in the mindset of Chinese and Asian audiences. They already showed their will increasingly on the geopolitical. Now, it is time to spread it culturally.
I find the situation to be amusing. Whatever whining Anglo-American hypocrites come up with will sound absolutely ridiculous.
● First, they can no longer push their lie about “what people want”. The market has spoken and they overwhelmingly favor Chinese stars over worthless joint ventures that white worship.
● Second, any attacks on the film being jingoist xenophobic propaganda will expose their own hypocrisy.
● Three, the signal to investors is global. Chinese investors will not be alone trying to capture this market. Other media companies that want Chinese yuan will likely follow similar strategies.
● Fourth, and perhaps the most hilarious. Any charges of Chinese colonialism/racism in Africa is debunked both in spirit and action. That is true on and off the theater screen. According to reputable opinion surveys, Africans view China as a trustworthy partner who helps them develop. That is a far cry from the so-called “civilized West”, who to this day, continues to rape them economically
This is a watershed moment. The world just saw a 30 million dollar budget film gross over 600 million dollars in sales. Now, everyone will to copy this. Expect more Chinese heroes saving the world.
I hope Chinese soft power planners understand that the world is sick of seeing white imperialists telling their victims how “wonderful” they really are. They may not be enamored with “China saves the world” type films yet but it is a welcomed change.
Go watch it if you haven’t. Vote with your wallets!
Every successful civilization has relied heavily upon its intellectual class to solve seemingly unsolvable problems. The intellectual class provided the solutions to problems in irrigation systems, transportation networks, military weapons, military strategy, logistics, diplomacy, propulsion, energy creation, medical cures, etc. Over time, such problems have increased in difficulty. Compare the difficulty of inventing a rudder for a ship vs a quantum communications satellite. The later is vastly more challenging. The later requires teams of geniuses who have spent years studying something esoteric and often, theoretical.
Continued success into the future requires more intelligence, not less. That is what makes this ambitious Chinese effort to increase IQ by up to one standard deviation per generation so significant. An army of super high IQ Chinese is a super weapon.
Crucially, this is NOT genetic engineering. This is simply picking out the most “successful” offspring. Stated differently, couples can get multiple baby lottery tickets to increase the odds of getting a “winner”.
BGI Shenzhen hopes to increase every generation’s intelligence by five to 15 IQ points
“Any given couple could potentially have several eggs fertilized in the lab with the dad’s sperm and the mom’s eggs. Then you can test multiple embryos and analyze which one’s going to be the smartest. That kid would belong to that couple as if they had it naturally, but it would be the smartest a couple would be able to produce if they had 100 kids. It’s not genetic engineering or adding new genes, it’s the genes that couples already have.”
I was in the eighth grade when I first encountered a self-hating Asian. The person in question was a 1.5th generation Korean girl and one of the few other Asian students in my nearly all-white Canadian high school. Being (heterosexual) teenaged girls, we naturally spent a lot of our time together discussing cute boys. I can still remember her reaction when I mentioned that my long-time crush was the boy who sat in front of me during my after-school Chinese classes.
“Oh, so he’s an Asian guy,” she said dismissively. Seeing the confused look on my face, she quickly added, “It’s just that they’re always so nerdy, you know? And most of them are kind of ugly, too.”
It’s interesting that such view points have been widely known and accepted by the MALE side of the Asian community, which was dismissed, ignored, downplayed by racist white males and self-hating/white worshiping Asian women for decades. Interestingly, the same views hold credibility when espoused by Asian FEMALES. Hapas (half white and half Asian children, typically from racist self hating Asian women and racist bottom tier white men) have also gone full force exposing the hidden truth about these so-called “progressive relationships” on rHapas on reddit, halfasian.org, longingfordeath and other sites. For years their detractors also tried to downplay their suffering as “isolated incidents”. With more and more normal [not self hating/white worshiping] Asian women speaking up, it will encourage others to do the same.
The hardest steps are usually the first so thanks to the good Asian women like Yuenting and Natalie_ng for putting themselves out there. #NAAWALT