Spotted a Filipino guy today

• Level 1 - Sergeant

He was our cashier. Let me just say, wow. I get mistaken for Latino sometimes but if I get mistaken for Latino then I could only imagine how people perceive him. I’m light skinned compared to him. When I left the store, I went to another store, and on my way back in the parking lot, I got approached by a Mexican guy speaking Spanish to me (yep, mistaken for Latino). But after he got closer to me and saw my face he realized I wasn’t Mexican but by that point he was mid-sentence in Spanish.

• Empress of War

@suiko_no_shin Yeah you definitely have “typical” Southeast Asian eyes like mine with the double eyelids. I think people just mistake us for Latinos (or vice versa) because often times, Latinos have similar features to us.

• Level 1 - Sergeant

@natalie_ng said in Spotted a Filipino guy today:

@suiko_no_shin Idk what you look like, but if I were to venture a guess, you probably have super, large round eyes like mine. That sometimes makes people think we’re Hispanic.

Not sure if I have round eyes but I do have double eyelid that E. Asians would have surgery to get

http://imgur.com/a/6x6oe

• Empress of War

@suiko_no_shin LMAO same. I get mistaken for Latina so many times, by other Latino people, that I’ve long lost count. I also get mistaken for being Filipina often too (at least that’s a closer guess since that’s still Asian). I think that comes with the territory of being Southeast Asian. Idk what you look like, but if I were to venture a guess, you probably have super, large round eyes like mine. That sometimes makes people think we’re Hispanic.

I mean, I guess if they guessed we’re Hispanic, I can sort of understand. Someone even mistaken me for Russian before and I was like, wtf…? How do I even look anything like Russian? LOL.

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.