Chinese girl displays pride in being Chinese by her answers on Quora

• Not sure if you guys have already heard of her but she’s supposedly popular among Chinese users of Quora, mostly for her cheeky (but knowledgeable) answers towards the white members asking about China.

Anyways, here are a couple of my favorite answers from her:

Are Chinese people skeptical about the concept of human rights and if so, why?

My following words may be strong, but since you asked the question, please excuse me for being frank.

I think the term “human rights” is the language of slave societies. In China’s 4,000 years of written history, no such terms were ever created, because nobody were ever treated inhumanly by law.

Different societies have different consensus, please do not gauge the morality of other societies using one’s own mean measure.

Two millennium ago, Chinese rulers had institutionalized the teachings of Confucius, which emphasized the value of social hierarchy and personal morality as the basis for government. Although people have different status in life, everyone’s dignity is the same.

In China, all are equal before the law, not in the eyes of god!

————————————————————————————————————————————

And as I’m writing this answer, I cannot stop thinking….

WHY THE HELL are we people in the 21st century still making sure “humans” have “human rights” anyway? My Chinese understanding of “humans” are better than this!

Another one of my favorites:

What are five things the Chinese do better than anyone else?

1. Studying- Life is not fair when you have classroom full of Chinese classmates.
    2. Building - From speed to size, Chinese can built better than anyone else.
    3. Governing - The Chinese system (teachings of Confucius + civil exams) has a long history of producing high quality authoritarian regime and state bureaucracy.
    4. Copying - Americans laugh when they sees cheap knock-offs made in China. But when the Chinese manufactures their own Multirole Combat Aircraft, who’s laughing now?
    5. Cooking- Chinese can make soy milk, soy sauce, soybean oil, soy cheese, edamame, tofu and all kinds of delicious tofu dishes, simply using SOY BEANS.

More from her here: https://www.quora.com/profile/Michelle-Zhou-28

• Level 3 - Captain

@natalie_ng

His last post https://www.quora.com/profile/Jay-Liu-52

Other relevant thread https://www.quora.com/Why-was-Jimmy-Liu-who-changed-his-name-to-Jay-Liu-banned-Is-this-because-of-name-change-What-do-you-think-about-it?redirected_qid=8462887

I don’t really know anything about it, like I said I don’t go on quora. His answers have been linked a few times on r/Sino, that’s the only reason I know of him. I only read his latest answers on names and PRC factor and, let’s just say the user you cited in this thread is more valuable/useful imo.

• @neonfuzion LMAO okay I’ll work on that. Do I get anything if I succeed? :P

• Banned

@natalie_ng said in Chinese-American girl displays pride in being Chinese by her answers on Quora:

@bugoutfever Wow, a guy got banned for talking about Amy Tan?? That’s making me curious now…you don’t know at all what he said in that post? Quora typically doesn’t ban many people.

Yeah, she seems cool. Maybe one of us can invite her over here.

Ah , but you should!

• @bugoutfever Wow, a guy got banned for talking about Amy Tan?? That’s making me curious now…you don’t know at all what he said in that post? Quora typically doesn’t ban many people.

Yeah, she seems cool. Maybe one of us can invite her over here.

• administrators

@natalie_ng That’s quite the coincidence. I just stumbled upon her profile a few days ago.

• Level 3 - Captain

Great find. I never spent any time on quora. I heard some guy called Jimmy…I think, used have very good and highly rated answers about China/Chinese stuff. I also heard he was recently banned for some post about Amy Tan (?).

So it is good to know there are others. She should come here lol. Everyone needs a break once and awhile. I sure wouldn’t want to spend all my time educating them.

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.