Blond Hair On Asians

• Level 0 - Private

I’m sorry I don’t really know which forum to put these thoughts I have in so if it doesn’t fit then do your admin thing. But basically, I’ve noticed this the more I watched k-pop but there is this massive trend of k-pop idols dying their hair blond. And there is a high, high number of females dying their hair blond than males. Or, the stylists are.

I think Koreans won’t see that as trying to be white but a large majority of people in the west will do so. This is very interesting because I’m half half on this. I don’t think Koreans are trying to be white but I think they are trying to emulate what they consider is cool.

Now if we go to Asian Americans in the west, I can say with about 99% certainty that they are trying to be white or they’re just, I really don’t know. To fit in basically. But here’s the thing. When white people go over to Asia, they don’t try to do this shit and that’s because they have white privilege. They are adding to white supremacy and I think the males know it. That’s why they go over there.

This didn’t bother me when I was younger but as I grew up, I just…I mean, in the media, if the representation of the most popular Asian female in Korean k-pop is blonde-haired then despite what people say, doesn’t that point towards a kind of inferiority complex or self-hatred? The guys it seems, has more leeway but still, blonde is considered cool. For celebrities, it’s part of their life so I think they get no say in it but no matter what you say, I’d think you had problems with your natural hair. Now the funny thing is I think on this issue it needs to be discussed in the Asian-American community. colour.

• Banned

@WokenUp i think those who choose to have blonde hair , or want blue eye color is indicative of an attitude where looking up at whites as being superior, unique , or better is valued. I myself am personally disgusted when i see asians who want to have blonde hair , or whatever aryan feature - it just shows that they are extremely white washed. I think wanting these features is actually the most obvious indicator of someone who is self hating - their’s nothing more self hating then hating your own features , the features that you , you , or more simply speaking , make you asian.

• WokenUp

She will get mad, get hostile thinking you’re attacking her and either she’ll stop talking to you/cut you off completely which is really not a mature reaction any kind of way. I don’t know what the fuck you can even do here with someone so sensitive.

I think the best approach to this is unless they said something completely out of line such as, “All Asians are ugly” or “white genes are the best”, etc…sometimes it’s best to bring it up with them more formally and try to civilly explain why you disagree with their views. Unless they start personally attacking you, it’s best to keep your cool in this scenario and keep pushing your argument, but do so in a polite manner (I find that other Asians, even if they’re Chans/Lus, are more likely to be receptive to your argument if you challenge their views diplomatically at first…note that this approach doesn’t work on non-Asians though nor does it work on the crazies such as Tila Tequila, so keep that in mind). In the end, you always win out because of mere logic and while they may just end up begrudgingly ignoring you after losing the debate, at least you planted a seed in the back of their minds that will cause them to think more about how their actions may be white-worshipping from here on out.

Maybe, just maybe, she might be receptive if she has an Asian boyfriend or a circle of Asian friends. This type is probably in one of the STEM fields.

I can confirm this. From personal experience (I’m in STEM myself), Asian girls in STEM do significantly less white-worshipping that AFs in other fields and are also more likely to prefer Asian men over non-Asians.

This is why a certain super-power hates another certain rising super-power. Because this rising super-power isn’t a yes man and this certain super-power hates that. And this super-power, just like with every other country that was “different” to them, will try to undermine, sabotage, etc. and when all else fails, try to use politics and cultural domination to get their way. This is why SK is loved by this certain super-power but NK is hated by the same super-power.

Everything you wrote here was right on the money. Countries such as JP and SK will always be loved/adored by the west because they kowtow to western interests/imperialism very readily. Countries like CN and VN…not so much, especially considering how the latter even won a war against a supposedly technologically “superior” country. Whites do not like any sort of challenge to their authority and this doesn’t just apply to governments but to their average people as well. They like to be worshipped, they want to be seen as the default. The thing they actually hate most is when minorities start to love ourselves and embrace our features, our culture and each other. I know this mostly from experience on sites like tumblr where there are a lot of POC empowerment and you see a bunch of bitter white folks asking why they’re not included (they always want to be included in our spaces yet they, themselves, will exclude us from everything else with positive representation…TV, advertisements, fashion runways, you get the gist).

Also, @natalie_ng , SG. Hit SG.

I believe we need to hit all of Asia, not just SG. Currently we have articles written about the origins of Asian fetishization due to rapes by western militaries and the origins of mental colonization/imperialism (with sources to back them up) as well other accessory items such as memes that will force other Asians to rethink the dynamic between us and whites. A lot of it does need translation if we are to spread it across Asia but I believe SG is mainly English speaking, am I right (or at least, most know English there)? I think with SG, we can just use what we already have to throw at them. Although, I don’t know what social networking sites or what sites most people in SG like to use. If we can get that information, that would be great.

• administrators

@WokenUp moved to general. Good points. I don’t know enough about SK’s entertainment industry, but one of our members shared this before.

Look up Johnny Kitagawa. He is literally the god father of all Japanese boy band, which kickstarted this feminizing aesthetics trend for Asian man.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Kitagawa

Johnny went to America about 1949. In the early 1950s, he returned to Japan to work at the United States Embassy. While walking through Tokyo’s Yoyogi Park he encountered a group of boys playing baseball. He recruited them to form a singing group, acting as their manager. He named the group The Johnnies

I don’t think it is a coincidence that Japan moved so far away from their masculine culture while under US occupation. There is probably clear strategies carried out by the US foreign service to pacify the militant and masculine Japanese culture. Media is a big component of this strategy.

You think it is a coincidence that the person who dominated Japanese media by creating these girlish boy bands, worked in US embassy? You don’t think the story of how he came about is suspicious? That’s really fucking ridiculous you recruit a random group of boys playing baseball and form a boy band from it.

What gives this idea feet is that Westerners have constantly used traitors to further their own interests. They funded traitors throughout the cold war as detailed in the book http://www.amazon.com/Killing-Hope-C-I-Interventions-II–Updated/dp/1567512526/ and today, they fund color revolutions by supporting traitors like Joshua Wong in HK’s Occupy Central.

In the Black community, the see eye ehh funded planted the white woman, Gloria Steinem, to turn Black feminism into a war against Black men to break up their community.

The Asian community is littered with traitors and liars who are exalted as “visionaries” [Amy Tan, Maxine Hong Kingston, etc].

The best thing we can do is share our knowledge. We know Asia has major blind spots. We can fill in the gaps.

• Level 0 - Private

didn’t get all I wanted to type out. But basically, I think this is an Asian-American issue. But I think the people that need to hear this the most is the Asian-American females. I think this depends on the type of Asian-American female. This is mere speculation but I think the ones in STEM majors are generally mentally well and they are surrounded by other Asians so I think, if they have any self-hatred issues, it would slowly fade when they are surrounded by positive Asian role models. So the ones that need help the most are the ones that have blond hair and are in the liberal arts and even business maybe. But white men and women/guys and girls will probably try to cockblock you from reaching out to them and she will turn to them for validation and approval. Since she’s already assimilated, you are the obstacle and you are most likely the threat to the white guy getting with the Asian girl but she does not care one whit that her white group of friends do not really care about her so much as preserving so status quo.

Also, @natalie_ng , SG. Hit SG. I won’t elaborate because I know non-Asians and any kinds of people may be watching this site and may try to undermine or sabotage. But you know what we discussed right? I think it might work. Raising awareness kind of thing. The blond hair is only one part of the bigger picture but it is worth pointing out because it’s symptom of colonization/assimilation no matter what excuses are used to justify it. And the thing is, I don’t think they know how deep and how evil and ruthless the cultural and political imperialism can go. This is why a certain super-power hates another certain rising super-power. Because this rising super-power isn’t a yes man and this certain super-power hates that. And this super-power, just like with every other country that was “different” to them, will try to undermine, sabotage, etc. and when all else fails, try to use politics and cultural domination to get their way. This is why SK is loved by this certain super-power but NK is hated by the same super-power. I think Asians in Asia do not understand this. I didn’t understand this until I was older and I was born in the west.

• Level 0 - Private

couldn’t type all I wanted but this is a very important part I believe. Bring awareness to the Asian-American community. This is where it starts. This is where the mental colonization can really impact their lives and they can start to totally hate their Asianness but white people will say “ooh it’s okay”, “you’re cool” without really caring for their well being and they don’t even know. I know I didn’t know until I was older, how I was trying to fit into the “white crowd”. And it wasn’t even the hair. It was the way I talked, the way I didn’t want to do anything Asian. I think the Asian females are going to react in a few ways.

• She will dismiss your concerns and if there’s a group of white guys/girls who are her friends there she’s going to turn to them to defend her. Since the white guy is her friend and most probably wants to get into her pants, he’ll defend her hair colour without giving two shits about her mental health. The best case scenario is that if you raise awareness she will consider what you are saying in private because she probably wouldn’t do it in front of you, especially if you’re an Asian-American guy and especially in front of her white friends. This I think will be more prominent within the liberal arts types because they will most likely be surrounded by white people and want to fit in
      *She will get mad, get hostile thinking you’re attacking her and either she’ll stop talking to you/cut you off completely which is really not a mature reaction any kind of way. I don’t know what the fuck you can even do here with someone so sensitive.
      *Maybe, just maybe, she might be receptive if she has an Asian boyfriend or a circle of Asian friends. This type is probably in one of the STEM fields. Maybe you might have better luck with this Asian American female. But these girls are not the ones that need the most help in my opinion. It’s the ones that I mentioned above that need help the most but maybe, just maybe these types in the third category will be able to reach them in some way.

I think they need to understand it’s bigger than them and they are either incapable of doing so or they’re just in denial. I think on some level they know that their behaviour is abnormal. But the fact that they can’t take any negative opinions about something so superficial as hair colour is not a good sign and speaks to larger issues that could really fuck up their mental health and that’s the root cause that needs to be addressed. They are not comfortable with their hair colour or maybe they just want to stand out I don’t know. White men and women will try to cockblock for sure because they don’t understand and especially, the white men, who will not help but probably sabotage and undermine your efforts but the Asian female might just see that as them being protective

I think that this is solely an Asian-American issue but the problem is, it has the potential to reach other countries and k-pop is not helping Asians born in the west either when they see how popular blond hair is. The thing is, I really think people in Asia don’t know how bad it is. How deep the self-hatred goes. Not even non-Asian-Americans know how bad it is I think. I didn’t know how bad it was until I read some seriously fucked up shit online about all this white worship, self-hating stuff from various sources including hapa blogs so can you imagine how little Asians in Asia knows about the kind of issues? Asian-Americans, I noticed, are very, very, very sensitive when it comes to pointing this stuff out. If they were secure enough, it wouldn’t matter but you try saying anything less than it looks great and well, there’s no polite way to say this, but they start acting like bitches. This is not the behaviour of someone’s who’s mentally well and that’s the most important thing. One more thing I must mention and this is to @natalie_ng , SG. Hit SG using the platforms we talked about. Make them understand the kind of political, cultural imperialism and psychological warfare games that are being played. They do know I think but they don’t know how deep the hypocrisy, self-hatred and racism goes and how ruthless and evil it can get. I didn’t and I was born in the west. There are non-Asians reading this so I won’t expand anymore on that for safety reasons.

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.