Could parents' status-seeking ways be influencing daughters into WMs?

• My mom especially always emphasized that health and family was more important than money and both my parents believed that as long as we have enough money to live comfortably, that’s all we needed.

Yea, same with me. I was never tiger-mommed. Although my father demanded I did well in school, but I did poorly in high school, and had to go to community college and did a 180 turn around there…but with no pressure from my parents. I think my parents at that point kind of decided that it’s my life and they did all they can to raise me right. Which I believe they generously did.

This, I suspect, would cause her daughters to specifically seek out only WMs as well. Idk, what do you guys think? I personally think we need to discourage status obsession in parenting tbh.

Maybe? But it differs from family to family, and sometimes even in nationality. Maybe because my family and relatives are conservatives and come from the middle class, they aren’t white worshipers. They frown upon racial mixing. My grandparents, uncles, aunts, parents tell me I have to marry a Korean girl, and they also tell the young ladies in the family to marry Korean guys. Hell, they give me shit for dating my Chinese girlfriend right now, little do they know I’m going to marry her.

So it’s just making me wonder if their extreme obsession with status is what’s causing their girls to marry only for status, not love?

I’ve seen some of that shit in high school and in college. Seen few Asian girls talk about what their boyfriend is worth and provides rather than what they love about them. I cringed so much I have wrinkles now.

• administrators

@natalie_ng While it is certainly a factor, It can’t be the only reason. Why would well off Asian women marry the unemployed dredges of society like the 60 year old or 20 year old alcoholic sexpat white trash that infest Asia?

Nala once told me that bigger than status, money, etc was “beautiful hapa babies”. There is a giant myth that Asian + white (without Asian men) creates the perfect baby. The idiots in Asia do us no favors by constantly parading around the best hapas their representative while not cherry picking to such an extreme degree for pure Asians.

a8Iu9a0.jpg

alrOcwk.jpg

ewmaoCb.jpg

7YMR9FJ.jpg

3T4bwsH.jpg

mJxgJyu.jpg

vJ97dIA.jpg

R9mxfR4.jpg

fwLzjZJ.jpg

Looks like your connection to AsianSoul was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.